We’re pleased to announce the release of a new user interface on the Skippy Scout iOS app. Based on consistent feedback and in-house testing, this release has been specifically built to streamline the app, improve its reliability and bring it in-line with the new Android app’s updated design language.
The Skippy Scout platform was launched in early 2020 and was available initially on iOS (Apple/iPhone) only. Its adoption has since continued to grow and now has a global user base. Over recent years, Drone Ag have received significant support from both farmers and investors. Last month we achieved one of our greatest milestones to date when we secured equity investment from world leaders in agriculture, Agrii.
Image: Homepage (left) Field view (right)
Abu Salim, CTO at Drone Ag said “I am delighted to see our iOS application evolve with a revamped user interface. The new design incorporates our learnings, application development best practices and a focus on intuitive user design. I look forward to our clients using it in practice and seeing what we have been working on“.
The new UI has introduced the following features to Skippy Scout users on iOS:
– Improved user interface – The app is now more user friendly as a result of ease of use improvements.
– Improved usage on larger screens – The ability to view/edit data on an iPad, making it easier to add scout points from a larger screen.
– The ability to view up to six months of historical images – You can now view historical data from the same scout point, from one place.
– Background sync – Increased app performance with continuous updates. Skippy will now automatically generally sync data when you are online, eliminating waiting times.
– Better data organisation – following the design of the Android app, you can now manage your fields and farms in a more accessible and intuitive way.
Image: Showing scout point image and history
“Skippy’s new interface makes it now even easier to navigate to my fields, see crop metrics and more importantly, start scouting. With 300 acres to regularly scout and with Skippy’s recent ‘launch outside field boundary’ update I can quickly cover multiple fields without moving the launch-pad. To now have both iOS and Android interfaces aligned really helps me when I use both platforms in my job.” – Edward, CropScout Services.
We hope users enjoy the enhanced UI on iOS. Feedback is greatly appreciated to drive our app forwards so we can continue to improve user experience. If you need any assistance using the app, or have any questions please contact us. We would be more than happy to help.